[SLUG] solution to kdm shutdown failure in SuSE 7.2

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 00:35:39 EDT

A few weeks ago I posted a question about what I have stated in the subject
line. I did not get a useful answer to this question. (I did see one
smartalec answer from a certain person which did nothing but consume
bandwidth.)
The solution is to edit /etc/init.d/xdm and add the statement, true, after
the command, killproc $PIDFILE -TERM $DISPLAYMANAGER,
which should be around line 79 of this file.
What was happening was that killproc was trying to kill a killed process and
returned a failure.
Anyone using SuSE 7.2 should take notice.
Smitty