Re: [SLUG] Hardware vendors in town

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 21:09:50 EDT

On Saturday 25 August 2001 10:38 am, you wrote:
> This discussion of local hardware vendors is very helpful, thanks to all!
>
> Do any of them handle used PCs? I have a home assembled AMD 450
> desktop I'd like to swap for an older model laptop for my e-smith server,
> for emergency portability.
>
> Thanks! Doc

Maybe someone else knows of somewhere else but the only places I have been in
that does used computers trades is the one about 2 blocks north of the
bicycle shop. Yes I know there are lots of bicycle shops but if you do
bicycles seriously there are only 2 in Tampa - one on Fletcher and one on DM
(or McDill) about 2 or 3 miles south of Kennedy north of "Bay to Bay".
My recommend for this place is forget it unless you just need and I mean need
an older part. Bad

The other place is north on DM about address 58xx or is it 58xxx. any they
are North of the north "Barnes and Nobel" and Borders about 1/2 mile on the
East side. Only thing I say trying to buy equipment was high prices and old
equipment. Much nicer place than the other place.

You can tell how impressed with both of these places I can not remember their
names. You could always check the archives because this list is where I first
heard of them.

Frank