Re: [SLUG] Hardware vendors in town

From: Jim Lange (jlange1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 01:13:05 EDT

> <Snip>
> >
> > That would be MB's www.mbk2000.com Some of their stuff is cheaper
than
> > TCWO and some of it isn't. They have some harder to find items like a
2.5"
> > to 3.5" hard drive adapter, and just Friday I bought the 'iPanel' for my
> > Asus Black Pearl there.
> > Jim
> >

> If the above is a typing error and should be 5.25 to 3.5 in adapter that
> looks like about 1/2 of a box try CompUSA andsupprising the prices did not
> appear to be to bad.

No, it was not a typo. I was talking about a hooking a 2.5' harddrive from
a laptop to a desktop computer.

> If you are talking about the 2 rails that look like a U type the go to T &
> Computers.

While the adapter kit comes with a similar set of rails, they are smaller.
I didn't use them, I just needed it for the cable adapters to temporarily
load the drive from the cd in the desktop computer. Another use is for
cloning drives.
Jim

>They are about 2/3 miles west of TCWO on Hillsbrough in the same
> plaza as "The Roadhouse" - about 1 mile west of the intersection on
Memorial