Re: [SLUG] SuSE licensing

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 18:14:46 EDT

On Wednesday 29 August 2001 12:46 pm, Derek Glidden wrote:

Derek.

You can do an FTP install of SuSE 7.2 from the SuSE site or one of
the mirrors. I've done it over a DSL connection. They just do not
provide any ISO's. I'm not sure about an upgrade of 7.1 though, never
checked into it.

The instructions for the FTP installation are here:

http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/lmuelle_suselinux_internet.html

Just make the floppies that you need and YAST will do the install. If
I remember I had a little problem though. I don't think YAST
completely finished the install. It skipped the X Window
configuration but I managed to get around that.

Hope you have better luck if you decide to try :)

--
R.G. Mayhue
r.g.mayhue@verizon.net