[SLUG] KMail problem

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 01:11:09 EDT

I don't normally post things like this, but since a lot of you use
KMail, I figured a heads up was in order.

On 9 September, Unix will be one billion seconds old. When a counter
variable in certain older version of KMail kicks over at this time,
it will corrupt your mail folders. This effect only exists in versions
of Kmail older than 1.0.29.1. Versions of KMail 1.0.29.1 and 1.0.29.2
will show faulty dates for new mail, but will not corrupt folders. Later
versions than this are not affected.

A more complete explanation can be found at:

http://lwn.net/2001/0906/a/kmail-die.php3

If you're using a version of KMail 1.0.29.2 or older, upgrade now.

Paul