Re: [SLUG] nmap and ID'ing open ports

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 15:14:13 EDT

> 8021 -- that looks like the default port for Zope's Medusa FTP
> service. You can disable it in the Zope startup script (should be
> under /var/zope in most distros).

Okay, I'll check my zope startup script for that one.
> Most firewalls allow access to ports >1024 for compatibility.
> Although even simple "stateless" firewalls should be denying TCP
> packets with the SYN (service request) flag set. What firewall are
> you using? Linux or black box?

I'm using Linux, and a higher level firewall "editor" (utitily) called
'firewall' actually.
> > 9673/tcp open unknown
>
> Damn that sounds familar.

;-) Yes, because I said what it was in the beginning of my message. It's the
zope default port in debian, as they change the zope default from 8080 to
9673...I don't exactly know why....

Russell