[SLUG] A bash question

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 13:55:29 EDT

Hi all:
   I've moved since I last saw my `bash shell' book, perhaps
someone can tell me off the top of their head:

  Last night I tried to add an alias to my `profile' file
but it didn't show up when I entered alias, in fact I see a
different set of aliases than I see in /etc/profile.
(the operating aliases are old with the wrong paths)
`whereis' found /etc/profile (and the directory `/etc/profile.rc')
`find' could not find anything named profile. ???
  What else can set or control the aliases? I did have
enlightenment running, although I was working in a console.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm