RE: [SLUG] running xrpm as root

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@intergate.cx)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 12:41:13 EDT

oh, ok (saw the message about the xhost + working) reset your display variable in your .bashwhatever to your ip (or localhost) You can use something like this to export as my ip address(your mileage will vary haha)

export DISPLAY=`/sbin/ifconfig | grep Bcast | awk '{printf $2}' | cut -c 6-`:0

or if you have an entry in /etc/hosts you can just add hostname:0.. Then your xhost should work as desired. I put xhost + in my .xinitrc at home because I use a lot of exported apps on older machines.. (netscrape, openoffice, etc)

Andrew