RE: [SLUG] Burning CD with Redhat 7.1 Kernal 2.4.3-12

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@intergate.cx)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 13:49:42 EDT

Mike,

  My file server is RH 7.1 (kernel 2.2.16-22) with an 8x IDE CDROM as the secondary controller, and a 4x2x24 HP 8110I (8100) IDE CDRW as slave on the primary controller. I have a raid 0 between primary and secondary masters (UDMA/33) and burn from them all the time. I also have 2 AHA-2940UW controllers one with a UW drive, and one with a pair of fast wide drives, I can burn in any combination without any problems. The only time I made a coaster was when I forgot to drop to 2x to do a network burn while downloading the powertools ISO heh

Andrew