Re: [SLUG] Re:Roadrunner

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 15:18:24 EDT

No new problems here either, although RoadRunner has been ravaged by
viruses lately (Code Red, Sircam, NIMDA). Occasionally, I can't reach
the POP3 server and oftentimes I will get "Re:" responses before I get
the initial post, but this has been going on for some time.

This reminds me to inquire those using RoadRunner:
Re: RoadRunner - ever since the Code Red and its variants started, my
cable modem RD LED is constantly blinking, even after I've
disconnected! tcpdump shows quite a bit of chatter with their
nameservers. I wonder if any others have experienced this. (The
chatter occurs with my firewall, freshly-installed machines,
distribution-independent, you name it - almost seems like the cable
modem has a mind of its own!)

-Robert