Re: [SLUG] Ist of a dozen questions

From: Robert Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 23:31:57 EDT

Bob Foxworth wrote:

> > > If it were up to me I would get a HW diagnostic like
> > Quick-tech-Pro
> > > or similar
> > > and run a diag on the RTC. Failing that I would just file-13 the
> > > board and get
> > > another one..
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > Thanx for your comments. Think I have the "47 minute" problem solved.
> > You know
> > that little box that says "restore session" in KDE?? I think that is
> > also
> > restoring the last time it was used. Been turning that off and on to see
> > what
> > happens. Will let the list know about that.
> >
> [Bob Foxworth]
> But shouldn't this be a random number (part of an hour since last
> usage and the current usage)? Is it *always* 47 ?

No, you are right. It is a random number. The 47 minute thing was an
example of one instance. The 4 hour problem is not a constant either.
Sometimes it is 2 hours or three hours, but always exactly hourly, if
that makes any sense.

Thanx for your other suggestions and recommendations on the diagnostic
software. Will find one and give it a try. It's not like this problem
is the end of the world but is really annoying.

 Bob S.