Re: [SLUG] Can't Read or Copy From Floppy

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 23:43:56 EDT

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 10:00:11PM -0400, edoc wrote:

> I have tried fdmount and mount fd0 to no avail. What is it that
> I type so that BASH will let me copy a file from a floppy to
> my HDD.

Try:

mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /floppy

This assumes you're running a Debian variant, where the mount point is
/floppy, rather than Red Hat type systems, where the mount point is
/mnt/floppy. Naturally, you have to run this command as root. It also
assumes that the floppy is an ext2 floppy. If MSDOS, change the ext2 in
the command above to msdos.

After it's mounted, just cp from /floppy to wherever.

Paul