Re: [SLUG] I love MS Windows

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 13:09:03 EDT

On Monday 08 October 2001 11:54, you wrote:

> Frank
>
> Thanks folks.
> Just had to say this before I broke the MS keyboard over the MS Monitor.

Hey ... if that's an older MS-Natural keyboard, I'll take it. That
keyboard is the only thing I have ever found from MSFT that I like. :-)
The newer versions changed the size / locations of the insert/home/page
keys to something pretty unuseable. The new version is hereinafter to be
known as the MS-UnNatural keyboard. They trashed 15 years of training by
re-arranging those keys. Now THAT'S 'innovation' for ya!

It is amazing what lengths those guys will go to for "lock in" and how
much they loathe "transferability of skills" right down to the hardware
level.

If you DO bash the monitor with the keyboard, be cagey about how each of
them handled it. This is probably one of those benchmarks you aren't
allowed to publish. :-)

Hint: It is safer to tape the screen prior to bashing but more dramatic if
you omit the tape. For maximum "bang for the buck" I recommend bashing the
monitor on the case with the keyboard (keys down position) several times
(power on) until smoke commences. Then use the frontal entry method of
inserting the keyboard endwise and rather forcefully into the monitor.
Again, for the sake of safety, unplug the monitor, for the sake of drama,
leave it powered up. A reasonable compromise adapted by many veterans of
this procedure is to don appropriate safety equipment and continue the
destruction in a powered up state. Alternatively you could boost the power
supply on a pocket pointer laser and engage the laser and monitor in a
staring contest. :-) YMMV

:-)

Hope this helps.
Bill (tongue firmly in cheek) Canaday
(sorry to cut this short but I am running late for therapy)

--
icq # 126373831 http://www.anhonestdesire.com

"Thou shalt not kill" is not negotiable. (But does not apply to inanimate objects.)