[SLUG] kernel in use

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 16:05:58 EDT

Hi:

  I tried the 2.4.5 kernel that came with Slack. 8.0,
which turned out to be a disaster, I converted back
to 2.2.19, which doesn't crash nearly as often, but
a very few programs that I compile think 2.2.19 is the
wrong kernel to run under, can anyone tell me where
the `kernel in use' or which library to compile from
information is kept so I can change it back?
  Both libraries are available, and I will be going
to 4.5.10 as soon as I figure that procedure out.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm