Re: [SLUG] Mailing list focus

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 10:06:15 EDT

Robin Miller wrote:
> In my experience, a good email list can and should run between 10% and
> 25% off-topic. Less than 10% and it's so impersonal that it is no fun,
> and over 25% takes it far enough away from its stated purpose that it's
> not useful.
> The SLUG list hits a pretty good balance.

Then if that is the popular viewpoint, I have no problem with it.
I'm just used to being "ripped a new one" on other lists. Trust me,
I'm a hardware fiend (just look at my resume! ;-), and have worked
all over the realm.

That's all I wanted, clarification. If it works for this list, then
it works. I've only been here a month, so I obviously only have my
non-SLUG experience to build upon.

You have my appologies for my ignorance.

-- TheBS

P.S. I make _no_appologies_ for all my spelling and grammatical
errors. That's just me.

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org   chat:thebs413
Engineer  AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.  http://www.linux-wlan.org