Re: [SLUG] What should be on Linux.com?

From: David (res07lvd@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 12:22:27 EST

Robin Miller wrote:

> > How about yourname@linux.com email? It would be a great marketing oportunity
> > for Linux.com!
> > Dave
>
> Yes. I am totally hot for this. I've got one pair of guys trying to
> figure out how much it would cost to run a large-scale mail forwarding
> system, and some marketing people trying to figure out how much we could
> get for one-line text ads at the bottom of millions of emails, and I'm
> wondering if enough people might not be willing to pay a pobox-level fee
> ($15/year) for an ad-free version and if we couldn't make a buck or two
> that way.
>
> - Robin

David wrote:
 And not only that, You could also have a fee for mailbox size in megs over 5
megs or something for example as well as member pages like www.me.linux.com and
then the email
user@me.linux.com and have them set up to forward to the site they prefer which
would result in allot less bandwidth on your side.

-Dave