[SLUG] more mbr questions

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 06:58:42 EST

Hello everyone,

I've finally gotten some time!

Okay, I've got my two hard drives, /dev/hda and /dev/hdd. hda has windows on
it, and hdd has linux. When I did my debian install on hdd, everything was
fine until I'm asked to install the mbr on hda. After I did that, I couldn't
boot linux or windows. I fixed my boot problem with a floppy, first by using
a win95 rescue disk to "fdisk /mbr" which took away the not booting thing,
and then I boot linux with a floppy. Is there a way to change the mbr on
windows? I tried to use the xosl boot loader, but that didn't work too well.

At this point, I've got lilo installed on hdd, but when I run lilo, I'm told
that hdd is not the first disk...heh, and thus the problem. Can (how do) I
put lilo on hda without killing windows? Or is it too late already?

Thanks for your help!

Russell