[SLUG] Awk Question

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 23:17:11 EST

This is an obscure one, just for you awk gurus.

I have some scripts which begin:

#!/bin/mawk -We

Mawk is symlinked to /bin/gawk, which does not recognize the -We
parameter. Nearest I can figure, -We causes mawk to read the rest of the
file as its input. However, what happens is that this script tries to
take the first command line argument and run it as a script (which it
isn't). This is mostly likely because it doesn't recognize the -We
option. Since gawk does not recognize this option, and since I can't
find anything analogous in the gawk man page, I'm wondering how to make
this work.

In sum, I need to know how to make these scripts read themselves as
script input. Any ideas?

Paul