Re: [SLUG] What's a good printer?

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 23:55:28 EST

Well, back when I learned to fly, (I am a commercial
pilot according to some bits of paper I carry around
with me and hang on the wall at times) one day after
doing something that I should have asked about,
that was what my flight instructor told me, because I
told him I thought it was a "dumb" queston. I have
tried to follow that observation to this day, sometimes
it gets me in trouble but in general it has kept me out
(Hey at 50+ I am still around). You see in the art of
flying a lot of people die because they failed to ask
a question which at the time they may have thought
dumb. Of course that is the extreme, but failure to ask
a question can result in all sort of not so happy results.

My flight instructor in his case had already been obliged
to go out and go through the wreck of several aircraft
and help ID the person flying and, from his own observations,
the people that died just may have avoided it if they had
asked what they may have considered a dumb question.

Sorry if it irritates you, but you asked and that is my reply.
Just remember there is no such a thing as a dumb question,
it may seem so at the moment but later on you may find
that knowing the answer made a drastic difference in the
outcome.

Here are some examples that come to mind

I should have asked what that jumper was for...

Ohh Jezzz a new tower!! I should have checked the airport
data before flying out here. (looking that the thing rising out of
a undercast and going into a over cast... Better than finding it
the hard way but sure a scare, a well placed question would
have totally avoided it.

I should have checked the phases on the motor prior to powering
it up (after watching it run backwards and really mess up a nice
machine B-b;;;

Did he turn if off?? Of course he turned if oFFFFYEAO !@#$ It was
NOT off, should of asked...

Those all came out of my real life, questions I thought were dumb.
WRONG!!!

Now I have a question, how can I turn off the sig line when I do
a send reply to a message? Anyone have a answer to that one?

I am running KMail here, I have checked and can not find a way to
turn off the sig when I do a send reply. Would be nice to have on
this mailer.

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT