[SLUG] Debian kernel-package

From: james martinez (jmarti16@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 13:00:46 EST

Has anyone used the Debian kernel-package? I have been trying to get kernel
2.4.12 compiled with it and keep runing into the same problem. It does
compile the kernel and create the deb package just fine. When I install it
and boot off the 2.4 kernel it does not find the modules that it is suppose
to load. I noticed that when I run the make-kpkg kernel_image command the
first thing it looks for is /usr/src/modules which is not there. So I made a
symlink to /lib/modules which is where the 2.2.18 modules are and recompiled.
It then made a /lib/modules/2.4.12 directory with some files in it. But even
with that when I boot that kernel it still gives errors saying that it can't
find the modules. And runing modconf shows no modules loaded.
Anyone have any ideas?