Re: [SLUG] Virus!

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:41:51 EST

On Monday 12 November 2001 01:27 pm, Anita Pesola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know that if they receive a mailing
> entitled "Seed Cooking in a", that it contains the W32 Magistr virus. I
> just got it today, and thank G-d for Norton Anti-Virus!!!
>
> Of course, this only pertains to the Windows environment....if you're
> running any other OS besides Windows, you're not affected. :-)
>

> The attachment is "Guess the Xmas song game.doc". It says it's an MS
> Word doc, but like anything else, DON'T OPEN IT!!!
>
> Anita
Thanks Anita

My first reaction was that this is a linux list; that thought lasted a good
1/2 second before I realized that I have MS boxes too.

Thanks for the information in that now I will know not to open such files
which will crash one of those boxes.

Point is I do not like windows, especially reinstalling it.

Frank