[SLUG] RE: Portsentry Log entry

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 00:59:42 EST

Hi All,
        I have installed Mandrake 8.1. I was impressed to see I could now surf
all the sites I use to surf in winblows. Finally getting closer to NO
winblows. I am getting a message from portscan and I have no idea what
it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is so much to
learn and not enough time to absorb it.

this is the message verbatim

localhost portsentry [1924]: adminalert: Advanced Stealth Scan
detection mode activated. Ignored UDP port 67

it also listed UDP ports 137 and 138 as well as TCP ports 139, 113, 631,
515.

I am not sure if this is good or not.

I also am getting - psacct: Starting process account: failed
but when I go into processes it shows it is running.

Thanks alot -