Re: [SLUG] Re: Orphaned Machines & Tampa Fest Dec 1&2

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 16:43:34 EST

> > There is a lot of interest in Linux in this area among Hams
> > and many are already using it. There had been an effort to
> > make a Linux CD with common utilities and Ham apps,
> > don't know if that project was ever completed.
>
> RedHat has a CD that comes with the distro that is called the
> Power Tools CD, it has the AX25 stuff on it. That is my next
> real project is getting all of that up on and running. We ought
> to support the OS more, it is the only one that has protocols
> used by the amateur community built into it. All the rest are
> just add on after market stuff.
> --
> Chuck Hast
> KP4DJT
> kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com

I am already committed to Debian and don't mind the add-on
piece of the effort. Sure would love to see them create a
comprehensive Ham Linux CD, though. It would be handy
even though much of what is on it would be old-version within
a few months or a year!

I have inquired on the appropriate list and await a reply --
will post if I hear something.

73, Doc KD4E