Re: [SLUG] install headaches .... ACK!

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@intergate.cx)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 23:26:36 EST

Where are they failing? RedHat 5.2 has a lilo bug, I have successfully
installed 6.1, 6.2, 7.0, and 7.1 on that very box. You may have to do the
install creating the Root Disk, and doing the first boot off of that to
LILO, I had that issue on many machines back in the 5.x and 6.x series.

You can take the floppy drive out of that machine, and put it in the machine
with the broken drive to create your bootdisks if you need to. You've gotta
let me know exactly what you have attempted, and where it's failed before I
can help you resolve your install problem though ;-)

(Why's this a SLUG post? ;-)

Andrew