Re: [SLUG] FreeBSD vs. Linux

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 01:00:54 EST

Just wasted my time on Freesco -- sure wish they'd state this up front!
"Freesco doesn't support any PCMCIA"
"and we are not going to add it, sorry."

Next suggestion, please?

Remember, I am looking for a small firewall for my IBM ThinkPad
(laptop) with 8m RAM, 486dx/2 50mhz CPU, 360m HDD, FDD,
and two PCMCIA ports -- no built-in nic or modem -- must handle
PCMCIA nics to connect with external ADSL device.
(Currently has Win95 loaded. That will be wiped.)

Thanks! Doc

> On Thursday 22 November 2001 09:08 pm, you wrote:
> > Got a tiny firewall that will run on a 486 dx/2 50 laptop with
> > 8megs of RAM? (also has 360m hdd, currently loaded with
> > Win95 ... don't ask, it goes when the laptop is converted to
> > a firewall)
> Sure, even without the harddrive. Needs min 6MB RAM. One, two, or three
NICs,