[SLUG] Dial to Flash Prodigy

From: Larry Sanders (lsanders@flash.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 17:36:14 EST

I connect through a linux firewall (James is a P133 w/ RH6.2)
to RoadRunner to check my mail, BUT
Flash.Net sold out to Prodigy.net, then the phone numbers
were changed, the pop and stmp servers changed.
NOW I can send/receive mail on RR and dial from Win98 box,
BUT a linux box can NOT complete the login.
What can I do to have a pppd dial-on-demand firewall?

I have RH7.1, FloppyFW, and SmoothWall all failing to login.
All three connect to the local number, but disconnect.
On the Win98 box, when connected, the services used are
Challenge handshake authentication protocol, Microsoft compression,
and TCP/IP. I beleive thats CHAP, right?
The number I dial is: 3490502. The prodigy DNS numbers
are: 207.115.59.241 and 207.115.59.244
The mail servers are: pop.flash.net and smtpauth.prodigy.net,
which work either dialing from Win98 or NATted through RR.

Thanks.
PS, Paul, the pentium board is working great with Smoothwall.