[SLUG] Network Port Hosed - Webmin?

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 21:26:43 EST

Now I've gone and done it. I was using Webmin yesterday to tweak some disk
drive settings and work a directories permissions problem. When I tried
getting back into Webmin to fix something I broke on my printer driver,
Konqueror tells me the Localhost port is not available "Could not connect to
host Localhost (port 1000)." Netscape gives me a bunch of doubletalk about
not finding the server "keyword.netscape.com" then an error message about the
SOCKS pointer.

I'm using Caldera eDesktop 2.4, and Webmin goes in through port 1000. I nosed
around to see if something else has latched onto Port 1000 and can't see
anything with "ps -e" (probably the wrong command).

Shutting down and rebooting didn't change anything. So what do I do now to
fix it?