Re: [SLUG] 3Com 3C575-TX in Older Laptops?

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 09:44:12 EST

It is on the Sourceforge list, but of course not laptop-specific.

What I was interested in learning was if an older laptop such
as my ThinkPad 360cse might have problems with the 10/100
speed for any reason.

I seem to recall that the early implementations of PCMCIA
were rife with inconsistencies and that sometimes what
worked on one laptop would not on another.

Dusty seems to have found success with his vintage TP so I
will work with the assumption that a 10/100 nic will also work
with mine.

BTW: Anyone know of a good (read: cheap) source of a
memory upgrade for my ThinkPad? I need to replace the 8m
chip with at least a 12m one.

Thanks! doc