Re: [SLUG] Porting VB to ansi C++ Your thoughts?

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 12:56:36 EST

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Russ Wright wrote:

> Hi I looked at the Glade and yes it does look alot like good ol' VB3.
> However it also looks like the development language is C. WOuld I be
> limiting myself by using C instead of C++? Have you ever used GLADE?

No.

The hooks on the GTK api are C++ as well, and Python and perl
-- callbacks are used extensively, as in OO design --
inheritence, encapsulation, and so on. The code is autoconf/
automake/ libtool ready.

Yes. Slicker than snot ... lightning fast prototyping.
Every think VB promised, but got bogged down in supporting the
Windows construct.

see also: If these links don't make you fire up X and try a
test drive in glade, I don;t know what will ...

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/gnome-glade/

http://www.ofset.org/projects/doc/doc.html

and

http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/July2000/article160.shtml