Re: [SLUG] Is it possible ? web site video viewer

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 23:57:29 EST

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, VT wrote:

> I just read that the newest version of MPlayer will run QT now. I
> unfortunatly don't have the article in front of me to offer the URL.

Joe Barr ran a column in the last couple of weeks. MPlayer
builds fine on stock Red Hat 7.2 and KDE; gnome should make no
difference -- I'll test in a moment -- and runs fine as well
-- despite the author's venom to the contrary.

See: http://www.herrold.com/snapshot7.png -- the clip running
is from The Register's Salmon Days series.

I've been dinking with xawtv -- I'll set up a screenshot in a
moment.

-- Russ Herrold