Re: [SLUG] HELLLLLP Kernal panics - long post

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 01:45:20 EST

The memory tester is called memtest86. It requires that you boot it from a
floppy (it comes as an image you can dd to a disk as well as source) because
it has to run in x86 real mode - i.e. none of that 'memory segmentation or
paging' shenanigans. It works, but make sure that you can leave it running
overnight !! I tried it when I had 256M ram, and after 4 hours I decided that
it had been long enough since I'd checked my email :) Of course, it could be
that my memory bus has been running *really* slow...

I get my slockets tomorrow... heh heh...

        Glen