Re: [SLUG] Sound problems

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 20:17:48 EST

Good Question!

I'm running KDE 2.2.2 on top of mandrake 8.1. After a little fiddling I
discovered that the game unreal tounament uses /dev/dsp. In mandrake the
path is /dev/sound/dsp so I created a dynamic link in /dev and set the
properties to 666. I tried again and got a message saying that the device
was busy. So I I've disabled the arts sound server. and right now it
works.... however I don't know for sure if I got it all.

Russ W