[SLUG] Activating X-Windows from Debian 2.2._r4 Binary CD?

From: Doc (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 19:41:14 EST

Ok, got the Debian Official Binary-i386 Version 2.2._r4 Disk 1 CD
today and proceeded to load it up on my OmniBook.

Everything seemed to go well and my pcmcia nic fired up and connected
with my ADSL box.

I also got the Binary-i386 3? Pre-BETA Disk one, in case I needed a
newer driver or something. I have Progeny and Stormix, as well as a
couple of CD's that came with Linux mags.

QUESTION: How do I get KDE working, please? I tried "apt-get
install kde" with "deb http://kde.tdyc.com/ stable kde2" in sources.list
It grabbed some part of KDE and started to install it but then spit up
due to the absence of the following:

/usr/lib/libkhelpcenter.so.1
/usr/lib/libkrunapplet.so.1
/usr/lib/libnaughtyapplet.so.1
/usr/lib/libnsplugin.so.1

I don't have any sort of X-windows running yet. I am guessing I said
no or yes or default to something in the setup that resulted in no X?

Help?

Thanks! Doc