[SLUG] router help

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 16:50:51 EST

Ok here's the deal. I've been running an old 486 with the Freesco router
for almost a year now. Well welcome to the new year. The company I work
for now requires that I use IPSec to connect to their internal site.
>From what I can find Freesco doesn't yet support IPSec. So my question
is should/can I find a distro that will run on a 486 with 12 megs of
memory that supports IPSec or should I just bite the bullet and get a
commercial router like Linksys? If the later what is a good one that
works well with a Linux network and is inexpensive, as only the one work
machine is needing the IPSec behind the router. Any help with this would
be appreciated. I did see something about patching Freesco to work with
IPSec on Google but I couldn't find any info on how to or what to patch
for Freesco to support IPSec.

Mike M.

--
perl -ne'chomp;$a.=pack"h*",$_;END{print"\n$a\n\n"}'<<RM
c496e657870225f636b6371202d49636f62737f6664702355736b637