Re: [SLUG] Screen Capture Utility?

From: Kai Lien (kai@lenseco.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 11:53:34 EST

Since I am more a console guy (either Aterm or Eterm), I will suggest a
command-line command.

import -window root filename.jpg

Kai

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Russell Hires wrote:

> Hey Guys and Gals!
>
> I have a problem where my X windows screen does funny things if I switch to a
> different console and then switch back. I have a terrible time describing
> what my screen looks like when I try to tell people about it, so I thought
> I'd send 'em a picture (you know, 1000 words and all that ;-). But I don't
> know how to get a shot of my screen...Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Russell

- --

Kai Lien

DSA key ID 39BD44C0

Lense Consulting Company
www.lenseco.com

Fortune Cookie of the Day:

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the
shoulders of giants.
                -- Isaac Newton

In the sciences, we are now uniquely priviledged to sit side by side with
the giants on whose shoulders we stand.
                -- Gerald Holton

If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on
my shoulders.
                -- Hal Abelson

Mathematicians stand on each other's shoulders.
                -- Gauss

Mathemeticians stand on each other's shoulders while computer scientists
stand on each other's toes.
                -- Richard Hamming

It has been said that physicists stand on one another's shoulders. If
this is the case, then programmers stand on one another's toes, and
software engineers dig each other's graves.
                -- Unknown