[SLUG] (FWD) Tampa Bay Computer Society | You are invited! | Tuesday, Jan 15th

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 18:21:35 EST

----- Forwarded message from Dave Dockery <doc@synergypublishing.com> -----

From: "Dave Dockery" <doc@synergypublishing.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:48:45 -0500
To: "Dave Dockery" <doc@synergypublishing.com>
Subject: Tampa Bay Computer Society | You are invited! | Tuesday, Jan 15th

Hello AGAIN User Group Presidents!

Well I have the jump on all of you. I no longer have to wonder how soon I
would make my first mistake of the new year - I did it with my previous
message! The correct date for this event is Tuesday, January 15th NOT
January 26th as in my previous message. Sorry for any confusion. The rest
of the message is the same as before. It might also be helpful to let you
know that our meetings last until 9 PM.

I haven't spammed you all for awhile, but I have an event that you and your
members might be interested in. Dave Gussow, John Torro, and Jules Allen
from the St. Pete Time's Tech Times magazine are going to be guests at our
monthly meeting this month. We wanted to extend an invitation to you & your
members to join us that evening for a technology roundtable. The meeting is
free and open to the public

The Time's Terrific Trio last honored us with their presence over a year
ago, and it was one of the favorite presentations of TBCS members. The Tech
Times is part of the Business Times that is included with the St. Pete
Time's Monday edition. Dave Gussow is the editor, John Torro writes the
"Solutions" column, and Jules Allen authors "Site Seeing".

We put 'em under bright lights and grill 'em with computer questions
until... well, it makes you wonder why they would bother to come back and
put themselves through this again <grin>.

The meeting starts at 6:45 on Tuesday, January 15th at Clearwater Central
Catholic High School (map: www.tampa-bay.net/maps.htm). Please feel free to
call (see below) or email me with any questions. I realize it's quite a
trip for our friends in Tampa, but I'm hoping you'll consider dropping by
for the evening anyway.

------------------

TBCS Update

I also want to take this opportunity to introduce our new president at TBCS,
Jim Boynton (jboynton@tampabay.rr.com). Jim took over the reins as of
January 1st. I have become the Director of Education for our club. We are
in the process of negotiating a new location for our Resource Center, and we
plan on installing a hands-on computer lab so that we can supplement our
SIGs with computer classes.

I hope your clubs are all doing well! It's a different environment for
computer user groups these days. I hope you are all adapting to the
changing needs of your membership. If any of you would be interested in
coming to our meeting early and sharing survival strategies with other group
leaders, let me know and I will promote it. It would be nice to meet all of
you face-to-face and chat about how we serve our memberships.

Thanks,
Doc (Dave Dockery)
727-785-2511

PS: I will send a reminder a couple of days before the meeting.

----- End forwarded message -----