Re: [SLUG] Missing Libraries

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 02:16:57 EST

Thanks Matt

I did not know that you could look for RPM packages by searching for them
with Goggle. Thanks for that piece of information.

I took a look at the packages and immediately realized that I was way over my
head in which package from which build I want.

I also found out something that I had suspected and that is when you up date
files on your system Via RH update agent RH does not update the system to the
latest version of RH. That is I installed RH 7.1 and have updated the system
but the packages I want are standard with KDE 1.1.1 which is in RH 7.2. The
fact that I need the packages says volumes about RH update practices.

Thanks

Frank