Re: [SLUG] need video editing software for Linux

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan.heffernan@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 20:34:03 EST

Mike Manchester wrote:

I'm looking for software that allows one to combine video mpeg files to
create one file that can be burnt to a cd using vcdimager. I looked at

Mike-
   I have been using MainActor for a few years now. It is a great
Non-Linear Editor. You can download the RPM from www.mainactor.com, but
until you register ($50??), the words "Main Actor" will appear
dead-center in any video that you output from MainActor. Aside from
that, the "demo" is fully-functional. It has a ton of transition
effects, and can maniuplate many video and audio tracks at once. BTW,
MainActor is also available for Windows (looks like the same codebase),
and when you register, you are buying a license that is valid for Linux
and Windows. --ronan