Re: [SLUG] (FWD) PHPTR User Groups 2002

From: Robin (Roblimo) Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 07:57:48 EST

Prentice Hall has never had a big computer book presence, and is trying
to create one. They are also getting highly interested in Linux and Open
Source; they hired Bruce Perens as a consultant and have been picking my
brains a bit.

I'm just about done with one manuscript for them (goes to production in
two weeks) and we're already discussing a second book.

I have no idea how obnoxious their user group marketing may become, but
  the two boss publishers/marketers there have been calling me with
questions about chapter six of "Build Profits Online," which deals with
email and chat as promotion tools.

- Robin