Re: [SLUG] Firewall presentation

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 20:47:58 EST

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 13:42 L, you wrote:
> Did I already do this? I'm having the strangest sense of Deja Vu.
>
> I've finally (or again...) uploaded the presentation I did a few months
> ago on Linux firewalls. You can find it here:
>
> http://www.illusionary.com/~dglidden/linux-fw/
>
> Enjoy. (again?)

Now I have to go and learn IPTABLES, just getting familiar with
IPCHAINS... B-] but it will be worth it. After looking at your presentation
I am sold on 'tables.

I have a question for you. I am trying to get LINUX into our company.
We have a small VPN box which allows 10 VPN's in the mean time
we have sent a load of people home to work. I would like to find a
LINUX based VPN that we can set up to handle our needs (there are
about 50 of us of the which probably about 25 are working at home
and soon even more of them will be doing so) Since everything is
still MS they want to be able to see the network neighborhood, and
all the other "great" MS toys over the VPN.

Do you have any recommendations?

Our network admin person is looking at some $3K hardware solution,
but that may take a while for the ones holding the money bags to turn
loose of given the money situation at work.

I would like to set up a test VPN on a address we have and let it run
allowing them to test it prior to all going to it.

Tnx for the great firewall info. Looking forward to your guidance in this
issue.

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT