Re: [SLUG] SPAM prevention

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:42:16 EST

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:29:59PM -0500, Derek Glidden wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 15:47, Tina Gasperson wrote:
> > So, help me here. :) Are you saying that I *don't*
> > need to have access to a mail server to use these
> > tools if I set up Fetchmail?

<snip>

> Considering Fetchmail's overwhelming functionality, I would be shocked
> (SHOCKED, I tell you! :) to hear that it did not have some way of
> calling procmail against the mail it's gathering up for you.

At the bottom of the ~/.fetchmailrc file, you can specify the delivery
agent. You can (and I do) tell it to let procmail deliver for you. I
don't know that fetchmail will do much except pick your mail off of A
and deliver it to B. But there are a _lot_ of filter-type things that
work with procmail, mostly by providing procmail "recipes" that procmail
then runs.

Paul