Re: [SLUG] pgaccess

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan.heffernan@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 22:28:24 EST

Russell Hires wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>I saw the pgaccess link, and it's really cool. I've got pgaccess now, but how
>do I get it connected to my db?
>
>Russell Hires

1) First, install PostgreSQL-7.1.3 (newest version, older versions
should work within reason).
2) Make sure that you launch the postmaster with a "-i" argument, so
that Postgres will accept TCP/IP connections, and not just local UNIX
pipes.
3) Make sure that your /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf (or wherever
that file sits), allows connections from the machine that you are using
as a pgaccess client. One way to check: if you can't connect with psql,
you can't connect with pgaccess.

--ronan