Re: [SLUG] Fwd: [MDLUG] OT: Another just in...

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 20:22:30 EST

I don't know. The article seems to indicate that there is one type of
attitude in the company about how secure to make the software (or not bother
trying) and what Mr. Gates has to say about it. If they didn't get the
internet before, they certainly learned. If they didn't get security before,
they may finally be figuring it out. It would seem also that the reason they
are getting it is that they are starting to lose sales (probably to Linux and
probably over this issue).

It's a great headline, and I can't wait to see them fail, but I don't for a
minute count them out for success.

Russell Hires