Re: [SLUG] Partitioning utility

From: ter swartz (ter450@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 23:04:41 EST

Being a laptop limit's your options, since it is not
easy to put on another computer as a "slave"
drive...this makes it very easy to move arround
partiions. In NT 4.0 and Win2K server, they have "Disk
Manager". Putting another hard-drive in the laptop
machine would be another option, I have friend with 2
hard-drive in his "Dell" laptop.
     Depending on the size of the hard-drive, if there
is room for both OS's, "Partion Magic 6.01" will will
run on Win2K Pro. Resize the partion of Win2K...then
install Linux on second partion....you will probably
need "administrative" rights on the 2K Pro O.S. to
install and use "Partition Magic".
  Win 2K will allow you to boot to another OS from the
"System Properties--> Advanced (tab)-->Startup and
Recovery". Laptop that I use, from work, has 2K Pro
and Linux on it...Install 2K first, then repartion..(I
think, at least 6 Gigs of space)...Then boot from
Linux CD to install on 6 Gig partion...my default boot
OS is linux, but easy enough to switch (with reboot)
to Win2K Pro.
Pete.