Re: [SLUG] OSDN Editor

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 22:49:04 EST

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:25:58AM -0500, Russ Herrold wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 Doumbeck1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Anyway I have e-mailed you a few times back then, and I never got
> a response
> > and so, I it got pushed aside for a bit. Well I would like to have the
> > article published if you are still interested. It has been somewhat
> updated
> > due to advances in the kernels and I have also added some other stuff, suck
> > as standardization and such.
> >
> > Anyway if you are still interested please contact me off list.
>
> hmmm ... the SLUG site will publish well written content, I
> believe ... Paul ?

Indeed. If accepted by OSDN, there may be copyright issues. But the
piece was well written, so I'd take it if OSDN has no problems with
that.

Most publishers don't take articles "on spec". That is, they want to
know what it is, approve the idea and see a sample before they accept
something. I'd approach this the same way, if anyone wants to write
something for SLUG. Let me know what you have in mind and let me see a
sample.

Of course, realize that if you get published on the SLUG site, it's more
like microseconds of fame. ;-}

Paul