Re: [SLUG] time warner port blocking

From: Patrick Grantham (pwgrant@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 11:57:54 EST

The tech explained by doing so that they have stopped all worm that use this
method of propagation (codred, etc...) of residential customers. Apparently
significant portion of their bandwidth was being chewed up by unpatched NT
machines. I responded that Linux users are being penalized for unpatched MS
users. He replied, twc doesn't officially support Linux.