Re: [SLUG] Telnet and the Internet

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 00:27:48 EST

You might want to check /etc/nsswitch.conf for the lines:

hosts: files dns
networks: files dns
services: files

if you haven't already done so. It's my understanding that the resolver
looks here now to see how to resolve names. According to the man file,
if the nsswitch.conf file is missing, libc.so.6 uses dns by default to
resolve names.

-Robert