Re: [SLUG] Telnet and the Internet

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 22:18:11 EST

inetd is probably monitoring the telnet port and calling /usr/sbin/tcpd
which does the dns lookup to check for spoofing before calling telnetd
(see inetd.conf). But I would think that inetd would be doing the same
thing for rlogin. In any case, you could comment out that record in
inetd.conf, restart inetd and start telnetd, than try to telnet to it.

-Robert