Re: [SLUG] windows to linux copy problem

From: Greg Schmidt (slugmail@gschmidt.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 10:16:38 EST

Windows version beyond 9x would commonly auto-negotiate a full-duplex
Ethernet connection, but really only run at half-duplex. A duplex
mismatch can really tank performance across the wire. It could often be
seen in a switch as a port that is full-duplex but with collisions, LOTS
of collisions. Maybe try forcing the NIC to half-duplex?