[SLUG] (FWD) BOUNCE Admin request of type /^\s*get\s+\S+\s+\S+\s*$/i at line 6

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 19:08:11 EST

False administrivia bounce (see pattern above).

----- Forwarded message from slug@lists.nks.net -----

From: Bill <selinux@home.com>
To: slug@nks.net
Subject: Re: [SLUG] samba and encrypted passwords
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:36:20 -0500

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 00:17, you wrote:
> what the key to success to having samba work with win clients using
> encrypted passwords?

Are the win clients already using encrypted passwords or are you trying to
g*t them to?

Some do, some don't.

First step is to get them in step. Then you can fasion your samba response
accordingly.

I know that's a real general answer but you asked a real general question.

Bill

Roderick Smith covered this topic in agonzing detail in "Linux Networking for
Your Office" but I imagine there are plenty of other sources with adequate
detail and far less agonizing.

--
We're sorry, but due to ongoing security concerns, we no longer accept e-mail
attachments created by Microsoft applications. Please accept our apologies

----- End forwarded message -----